I’m a dad wholikes to cook, and the older I get Thanksgiving is becoming more and more one of my favorite holidays. Even though I’m not hosting this year, I’m still planning on cooking a few things. Here’s a rundown of some of what we’ll be having:
- Turkey– I heard the other day that 95% of all Americans have Turkey on Thanksgiving. If you’re having issues, here’s the Butterball Turkey-Talk Line (1-800-BUTTERBALL).
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – A big success last year, it’s even better if you make it the day before.
- Mashed Potatoes – I made this garlic version last year which came out well, probably because it uses 3 sticks of butter and 1½ cups of heavy cream.
- Green Bean Casserole – A holiday classic I still love.
- Grilled Asparagus – No recipe here. Just skewer the asparagus into little rafts, season with salt, pepper, olive oil and grill.
- Shrimp Toast – An appetizer I’ll prepare a few days beforehand and freeze before cooking.
- Vietnamese Grilled Beef and Basil Rolls – An appetizer from the Barbecue Bible and one of my wife’s favorites.
- Similac Advance Infant Formula with Iron – Strictly for Madame.